What We Do
Hello and welcome to our website, where we are dedicated to providing our members with detailed guides, tips and more about how to keep their homes fresh and clean. We can provide information about harmful chemicals that are present inside of their homes. And we also post guides on how to use simple solutions to keep their homes clean and neat.
Our Latest Articles
Volatile organic compounds or VOCs are harmful chemicals that are more common than you think. There are dozens of different chemical compounds and everyday items at home that have got VOCs present. And you should get rid of these VOCs chemicals right away.
These VOC chemicals could potentially harm your health. So if you want to be as healthy as possible, you should try to get rid of completely or at least reduce the amount of VOC chemicals that are inside of your home.
Here are some everyday household products that have got VOCs present inside of them.
- Butanal – This is from the discharge from cigarette smoke. Always smoke outside your home, if you have got to have a cigarette. You should also ask smokers to not smoke inside the premises of your home.
- Acetone – This VOC is very commonly found in nail polish remover. So if you have got to remove your nail paint, you may want to use acetone outside of your home.
- Dichlorobenzene – This is usually used in deodorizing sprays and mothballs. So if you use these at home, you could try to use natural alternatives to get rid of smells in your home, such as lavender essential oil to ward off moths.
- Formaldehyde – A lot of plastics, especially those that have got a lacquer finish, will contain formaldehyde. A good alternative to most kinds of plastics is a BPA-free one. Using a BPA-free plastic will be less harmful to your health.
- Ethanol – This is a VOC that is commonly present in any cleaner or detergent, such as cleaners for glass for dish soap. If you must use these types of filters, have an air filtration system at home to remove ethanol from the air. Or you could always use cleaning products that do not contain any ethanol.
- Toluene – This is a compound that is found in most kinds of paints. So you should always check the label of the paint that you are going to buy. Avoid purchasing paint that contains toluene as part of its ingredients. And if you have just painted the inside of a room, open all of the windows to let all of the air circulate out.
- Xylene – Found in car emissions, this is a VOC that is almost impossible to get rid of completely. You should keep your windows closed if they are facing out towards the street in front of your home. You may also want to use an air purifier to remove the xylene present in the air indoors.
- Carbon Disulfide – This is a VOC that can be found in tap water. The tap water in your home could have carbon disulfide if it has undergone chlorination treatment. To get rid of the presence of this VOC inside of your tap water, you should try to use a carbon or charcoal filter in your taps. You will be able to reduce the amount of carbon disulfide that you are drinking if you use such a filter.If you find these kinds of chemicals at home, you may want to try using alternatives to them. It will be less harmful to your health if you resort to using these kinds of chemical alternatives to VOCs. VOCs can affect your respiratory system and can make it hard for you to breathe.So if you want to improve your respiratory health and get rid of any other kind of health problems that you may have, you should try to reduce your VOC exposure at home. Other health practices that you should do are to keep your home clean and use an air purifier. By doing all of that, you should be able to breathe in much easier at home.